Handling a restaurant can be difficult enough. Perfecting the perfect dining experience, understand consumer purchasing behaviors, creating the perfect menu, instilling the appropriate staff, and focusing on what drives profit and earnings are areas most restaurant owners want and need to concentrate on.
Worrying about their point of sale systems, or cloud POS software solutions is not something most restaurant operators need to believe about.
Using Help Desk support from the technical support provider is the simplest way to handle your technology portfolio. Help Desks are resources created for users to contact if having problems with their technology or IT infrastructure and services. Generally, a Help Desk provides your restaurant with a group of experienced and knowledgeable technicians to help you 27/7 by developing a troubleshooting approach to address your issues as soon as possible so that you can return to working your business as usual.
With almost any restaurant point of sale technology implementation or installation, there’ll normally be a need for support from the POS provider– to be able to assist your organization maintain system performance, optimize up-time and receive the maximum benefit from the numerous features of this solution.
When you do need Help Desk support, it typically falls into one of three regions:
- Hardware failures
- Software failures
- Errors and operational feature questions
All these areas can lead to frustration, system downtime or less than optimum system functionality, while the end user are trying to rectify the situation and obtain responses.
Developing a Seamless Help Desk Expertise
When calling technical support, be aware of a few things that can help reduce frustration and loss of productivity, and enhance your chances of having a good experience with your support provider:
- Plan ahead for tech difficulties. The same as servicing a car, or replacing your brake pads, sooner or later you’ll have to support your point of sale or applications support for optimum performance. The more prepared you are, by having the appropriate support entitlements, spare equipment, and backup procedures will greatly enhance your ability to deal with hardware or POS software failures and boost up-time. If you’re discovering a software anomaly, be ready to take great notes and capture time daily, error codes or screen shots as appropriate. Provide the best possible explanation for your POS support tech, such as functions or keystrokes leading up to the real occurrence.
- Be as patient as possible when working with your Help Desk field tech, as they try to understand and troubleshoot your particular system behavioral issue. Technicians may request information or request that you perform steps to aid the troubleshooting procedure. This can be required, to ensure a thorough full-time investigation and ensure something wasn’t missed in the review of significant information in your hardware or software applications.
- Know your point of sale system. The more comfortable you are using the solution, the easier it is to solve operational issues and understand the directions being supplied by the agent. Learn everything you can on your point of sale- everything from dash reporting to the way to enter gift cards and charge cards. Additionally, the knowledge might help you resolve lots of your issues and get the maximum from your POS software.
- Communicate issues as they happen, either via email or telephone support. Try not to save up issues and batch them together for resolution in 1 interaction. This sort of behaviour can tie up technical support teams on less than pressing issues for hours and lead to more pressing concerns to be postponed.
- Whenever possible, participate in a brief survey that gives your service team with the comments they need, to address concerns and continue to offer the sort of service that their client’s desire. Very similar to a work summary, be ready to discuss some quick, elegant feedback whenever possible.
These are some guidelines which should help you get the most value from your Technical Support supplier and so achieve greater success with your technology solutions.
PAR’s POS Help Desk Service
When an issue arises, our top priority is to resolve it as quickly and economically as possible. Our Help Desk team members provides technical assistance and customer service all from one point of contact in the USA and Canada.
Our PAR POS Help Desk is available 24x7x365 using an extremely experienced group of passionate and technical professionals to rapidly troubleshoot system problems to resolution, including remote diagnostic capabilities. The IT Help Desk is our”lifeline” to our valued clients, and we efficiently employ tech specialists that are experts in their customized field.
With real-time access to our exclusive knowledge management system and real time collaboration tools, our POS Help Desk specialists are almost linked to an elongated group of subject matter experts who will help out with customer resolution. Our specialists are committed to providing you the maximum degree of customer satisfaction.
PAR Remote Management Support
Another service provided at PAR is Remote Management. This service functions as an extra layer of technical assistance after the initial installation is complete; providing remote monitoring, and the direction and proactive resolutions of your IT infrastructure and POS application.
This service monitors your POS terminals, supervisor workstations, and other network devices to help maintain and ensure a secure and reliable system with maximum up-time, with knowledgeable POS Help Desk technicians along with a support department tracking your assets. Remote Management also removes the stress of handling windows upgrades by providing that service for you.
Whether you’re the owner/operator of one unit or a supervisor responsible for tens of thousands of websites, keeping your POS system is essential for serving your client. Remote Management is a PAR-hosted, SaaS offering that increases customer service and gives the end users peace of mind.
PAR Database Management
The Database Management service technicians at PAR is staff is about to become your single point of entry for new menu items, promotions, limited time offers, loyalty rewards, and other configuration requirements to fulfill your needs.
New offerings are often introduced. We can remove shop input errors by entering your menu items, limited time offers, and promotions in 1 place. Tracking menu combination data becomes a time-consuming procedure as you hunt for all of the new entries. Using our staff with your cloud-based database will ensure consistency in earnings reporting across franchise and corporate locations.
Our customer care staff has an extensive knowledge base is trained to troubleshoot issues that may arise and with the single-entry stage, changes can easily be made to all restaurants. Our service removes the requirement for assistance to find input signals within one site. All changes are made within the larger enterprise database and pushed to all shops.
Every surgery requires different needs. Make certain to work with your point of sale provider to fully understand which sort of service plan works best for the restaurant.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.
►►► See our products: Magento POS, Shopify POS, BigCommerce POS , Woocommerce pos, Multi source inventory management and START A FREE TRIAL NOW !
►►► Other ecommerce apps : BigCommerce Automation App Platform, Bigcommerce Backorder Management, Automation App for Shopify
►►► Japanese ecommerce products: マジェント, サイトコア, SHOPIFY PLUS パートーナ証明, BIGCOMMERCE パートーナ証明