Nowadays, good workers can perform as much of a part in retailers’ success as the ideal merchandise and level of consumer engagement. That is why it’s important to have a strategic approach to the employee selection procedure. Here are four steps that can enable you to hire the ideal retail staff for your shop.
1. Define what you’re looking for.
Carefully think about the position you are trying to fill and what abilities and personality traits must fill it. By way of instance, if you have a chic women’s apparel shop, you will want somebody who knows and follows the latest fashion trends, who truly enjoys interacting with clients, and is eager to build relationships with shoppers to cultivate repeat business. The greater your definition of what the perfect candidate for the position resembles, the better your opportunity to hire the ideal employee.
-> see our products:
2. Get out the word.
Advertising is not the only way to discover candidates. Utilize as many vehicles as possible to get the word out that you are trying to hire the ideal retail staff. This implies social media, family, friends, and some other expert networks to which you may belong.
3. Recruit sales partners from other retail stores.
Proceed to stores in your area that are similar to yours in terms of the product they sell. Put on your”client hat” and behave as a shopper, then determine if any sales partners impress you. Invite those who would like to interview with you.
4. Ask the correct questions.
Unless you are very specific in the questions you ask potential hires and if you don’t probe deeply, the probability that you will hire the ideal retail team will not always be stacked in your favor. In addition to the standard questions about their experience and education, find out:
- How would candidates handle many situations? This helps to predict future behaviour. Some sample questions might include,”Tell me about a time when a client was being difficult. What tactics did you attempt? What was the result?” Or”What would you do if a client attempted to return an article of clothing they had obviously worn?” Or”What questions do you ask a client in helping her pick from between two things?” Or”Tell me about a time when a client was just planning to buy 1 thing, and you persuaded him or her to purchase more than that.”
- What motivates candidates to work harder? For example, do they like being given their own area of responsibility from the shop? Until you understand what motivates people, you won’t know if it’s possible to offer it and you can not hire the ideal retail staff.
- Are applicants self-aware? Ask them to identify their weaknesses and strengths. Individuals that are self-aware are more prepared to go the additional mile.
- How can applicants fare in role-playing scenarios? Being told how prospective employees have managed sticky situations and being shown that they could do this, are two distinct things. To hire the ideal retail staff, you want a demonstration. So place interviewees through at least one role-playing situation; for example, pose as a difficult or irate customer and ask prospects to step into your shoes and handle the issue.
No retailer wants to choose the wrong workers and keep the cost of replacing them. Use the above four measures to improve the probability that you will hire the ideal retail team the first time around.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce. ConnectPOS is the first product in the ecosystem, making transactions in physical stores become easy and automatic. It enables consumers to click and collect, synchronize information across platforms and devices and have a seamless shopping experience. It also helps retailers digitalize customer behaviors, track data in real time at customer touchpoints and provide intelligent business recommendations.
See our products: Magento POS, Shopify POS, BigCommerce POS , Woocommerce pos, Multi source inventory management and START A FREE TRIAL NOW !