As restaurants are gradually opening back for dine-in surgeries, after COVID 19 Pandemic, it’s becoming highly important to decrease the amount of touchpoints to improve health and hygiene standards. Technology has helped automate restaurant operations through the years. Once more by adapting to electronic solutions, restaurants can decrease a reasonable bit of touchpoints and give contactless dining choices to guests.
1 place where restaurants may reduce touchpoints is by substituting conventional menu cards. Normal Menu cards are managed by 100’s of people and at the present scenario, it’s dangerous to come in touch with menu cards managed by so many folks.
By replacing conventional menus with digital menus, guests will have the ability to explore menu, arrange dishes, and make payments via their own mobile devices without touching anything aside from their mobile devices allowing contactless dining.
Traditional menus are nothing but printed copies which can’t be edited once printed and can also be extremely tough to clean and maintain. These menu cards also posses the threat of becoming the breeding ground of deadly germs which could easily be transmitted by coming in contact that’s something which has to avoided at all cost from the present situation.
Printed menu cards also have a shelf life of 6 months typically. Any changes to the menu means, a new menu has to be published or it must be updated or uninstalled from the present ones. To put it simply, Traditional menu possesses a massive health issue and is also costly.
Whereas a digital menu enables zero contact ordering and can be upgraded in real-time. Any changes to the menu, description, pricing, and availability are instantly updated in real time. All that the guest must do is to scan the QR code and place an order. This substantially saves money in printing physical copies and empowers zero contact ordering that has become very crucial in restaurant operations now.
Advantages of Digital Menus in restaurants:
- Completely contactless, guests may get the menu in their mobile devices by scanning the QR Code on tables.
- Real-time menu upgrades , gone are those days where you are going to have to reprint the menu each time you make any adjustments.
- Digital menus are lively and any adjustments can be made to the menu in just a couple clicks and the QR codes shouldn’t be altered.
- Order gets posted to the kitchen right as KOT’s within only a couple of seconds with no manual intervention.
- Supports both postpaid (QSR’s) and prepaid (Fine dine and casual dine-in restaurants) operational models
- Digital payments, guests are now able to make payments directly from their device and get digital receipts.
- Table wise and area wise menu, suppose restaurants have several places, pricing could be adjusted based on tables handily.
- Guests can make any special requests through their mobiles directly
- No dependence to download an app, the menu can be retrieved on a browser, making sure frictionless ordering experience.
It’s essential that the electronic menu solution is tightly integrated with a backend POS for easy and easy operation. Orders placed by guests will need to flow right to the kitchen as KOT’s with no manual work. Additionally, any changes made in the backend POS portal site with respect to this menu item availability, description, and pricing has to be instantly updated in real time to ensure a smooth and seamless experience.
What are you waiting for? Setup Digital Menu with Servquick now!
Implementing an electronic menu fully integrated using a POS system is one step towards contactless dining in restaurants which would further convince visitors to dine in at restaurants comfortably with no second thoughts.